Squats are one of the most basic yet effective exercises in our training routine. However, perfect form is often very hard for beginners, so here are our 15 tips for the perfect squat:
If you want to achieve the perfect squat and perform an effective exercise for legs and glutes, consider the following 15 tips before you get going:
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart , with the tips of your feet and your toes slightly outward.
- Keep your head and spine straight, keeping your eyes straight ahead during the entire movement.
- Contract the abs when executing the exercise, in order to keep the torso upright during it.
- Bring the glutes back and down when beginning the movement.
- Imitate the gesture of sitting in a chair , arching the lumbar spine at the beginning of the movement and flexing the hips.
- Keep your knees in line with your feet , preventing them from rotating inward.
- Maintain as much pressure as possible on the heels , bringing the weight of the body to them.
- Keep your knees from moving forward as far as possible.
- Raise the arms up and in front when lowering the body, except when working with loads.
- Avoid leaning the torso and head forward when performing the squat, on the contrary, they must go down directly.
- Stop the movement when the hips are below the knees, slightly lower than the thighs.
- Avoid breaking with the lumbar curvature when reaching the lowest possible point, so as not to move your body forward.
- Squeeze or contract the glutes and hamstrings to lift the body and return to the starting position, avoiding bringing the torso forward or lifting the heels off the ground.
- Push from the feet to begin rising and return to the starting position of the exercise.
- When rising, get as high as possible, and then stand straight again.
These are 15 tips that will allow you to perfect your squat execution technique - one of the most important exercises for your legs and glutes.